Effort Aims to Increase COVID-19 Vaccinations
Washington, D.C. – Tomorrow, Friday, June 4 at 1:30 pm ET, the nation’s mayors will gather virtually with U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy to kick off the “Mayors Challenge,” an effort being done in conjunction with President Biden’s national Month of Action to increase COVID-19 vaccinations. The Mayors Challenge, which is being led by Children, Health, and Human Services Committee Chair Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney and Incoming President Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, aims to get 70% of all adults vaccinated with at least one shot by July 4th. Julie Rodriguez, Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs, will also join the group for this kickoff event. For more information about the challenge, see this link.
WHAT: Mayors Challenge Virtual Kickoff
- U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy
- Julie Rodriguez, Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer, USCM President
- Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, USCM Vice President
- Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney, USCM Children, Health, and Human Services Committee Chair
- Tom Cochran, USCM CEO & Executive Director
WHEN: Friday June 4, 2021, 1:30 PM ET
RSVP: Interested media should RSVP to Sara Durr at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.