Roundtable is final in a five-part series entitled, “A National Discussion on Achieving an American Breakthrough: Mayors and CEOs in Conversation on Equity, Recovery and Growth”
Washington, D.C. & Basking Ridge, NJ — On Tuesday, October 27th at 2:00 pm ET, the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) and Verizon will host the fifth and final session of the virtual roundtable series, “A National Discussion on Achieving an American Breakthrough.”
The series, the first of its kind, has consisted of weekly roundtable discussions throughout the month of October, featuring key mayors and CEOs engaged in dialogue on some of the biggest challenges facing America’s cities today.
The final session will be on the topic of Achieving Public Safety and Justice for All. The session will further explore the recommendations put forth by the USCM in the Report on Police Reform and Racial Justice, with an emphasis on the critical role that the private sector must play. In particular, participants will take a fresh look at how the public and private sector can work together to reimagine public safety and the criminal justice system in a way that benefits all stakeholders.
Hans Vestberg, Chairman and CEO of Verizon, has served as host for the entire series. Joining him will be: Doug McMillon, President and CEO of Walmart; Michael Niedorff, Chairman, President and CEO of Centene; Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot of Chicago, IL; Mayor Jane Castor of Tampa, FL; Mayor John Cranley of Cincinnati, OH; Charles Ramsey, former police commissioner in Philadelphia and Washington, DC; and Tom Cochran, CEO and Executive Director of the USCM.
The fifth and final in the series of virtual roundtable discussions hosted by Hans Vestberg, Chairman and CEO of Verizon, and featuring Mayors and CEOs on the most important issues impacting America today.
- Hans Vestberg, Verizon, Chairman and CEO (Host)
- Tom Cochran, United States Conference of Mayors, CEO and Executive Director
- Doug McMillon, President and CEO, Walmart
- Michael Neidorff, Chairman, President and CEO, Centene
- Lori E. Lightfoot, Mayor of Chicago, IL
- Jane Castor, Mayor of Tampa, FL
- John Cranley, Mayor of Cincinnati, OH
- Charles H. Ramsey, Former Police Commissioner of Philadelphia and Washington, DC
- Andy Serwer, Yahoo! Finance Editor in Chief (Moderator)
Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET
Pre-registration is required. See this link.
Interviews with participants can be requested by contacting Sara Durr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous sessions can be viewed here:
- Session 1: Economic Recovery
- Session 2: Dismantling Racism
- Session 3: Health Equity & Covid-19
- Session 4: Eliminating Poverty