Washington, D.C. — Today, the National League of Cities (NLC) and the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) will host a joint virtual press conference at 1:00 P.M. ET. with municipal leaders from across the country to discuss the draft coronavirus relief package released by Senate Republicans, which includes no aid for local governments that have been serving on the frontlines of the pandemic response since day one.
Participating local leaders will provide their perspectives on the disastrous economic effects of the COVID-19 crisis on their cities and why Congress must prioritize direct federal aid to local governments to ensure that cities, towns and villages across the country remain essential to the national economic recovery.
The press conference will convene the mayors of Dayton, Ohio, Arlington, Texas, Savannah, Georgia and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to react to the release of the draft legislative package.
Virtual Press Conference
- Nan Whaley, Mayor of Dayton, Ohio and Vice President, United States Conference of Mayors
- Jeff Williams, Mayor of Arlington, Texas
- Van Johnson, Mayor of Savannah, Georgia
- Bill Peduto, Mayor of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Clarence Anthony, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, National League of Cities
- Tom Cochran, CEO and Executive Director, United States Conference of Mayors
Tuesday, July 28, 2020, 1:00 P.M. EDT
1 (888) 466-9863; passcode 6150 361#
Please provide your full name and outlet to the recording machine upon dialing in to the call.
Media interested in participating should contact Sara Durr at firstname.lastname@example.org.