Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 8:45 am ET
Capital Hilton Hotel | Washington, DC
Washington, D.C. – Former Vice President Joe Biden will address the nation’s mayors during the United States Conference of Mayors (USCM) 87th Annual Winter Meeting on Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 8:45 am ET. The Winter Meeting, which will be held at the Capital Hilton from January 23 – January 25, 2019, will bring together more than 250 bipartisan mayors from across the country to discuss the state of cities and their national priorities.
With more than 85 percent of Americans living in U.S. metropolitan areas, mayors are on the frontlines of today’s challenges and have consistently called on Washington to draw on mayoral expertise. During the Meeting, mayors from both sides of the aisle, from cities rural, urban and suburban, will hold sessions on a range of priorities, including infrastructure, immigration, opportunity zones, climate, automation and the economic future of cities.
A draft agenda and list of pre-registered mayors are available here. Members of the media are encouraged to register in advance. See this link. All business/day-time sessions are open to the press unless otherwise indicated. All evening events are closed to the press. On-site registration will be available with current press credentials.
- For Vice President Biden’s remarks, press should be in place no later than 8:15 am ET.
- All business sessions are OPEN to the press unless otherwise indicated (EVENING EVENTS ARE CLOSED TO PRESS).
- All press MUST register to attend the meeting. See here.
- On-site registration at the Capital Hilton will also be available during the meeting. ONLY reporters with proper, up-to-date press credentials will be allowed access.
- For planning purposes, a DRAFT AGENDA and list of PRE-REGISTERED MAYORS is available here.
WHO: Former Vice President Joe Biden
WHAT: 87th Winter Meeting of the United States Conference of Mayors
WHEN: Thursday, January 24, 2019; 8:45 am ET
WHERE: Capital Hilton | 1001 16th St, NW | Washington, D.C. | Presidential Ballroom
RSVP: Interested media should RSVP to Sara Durr, email@example.com