Notable Speakers include U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer M. Granholm; EPA Administrator Michael Regan; U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack; U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy; Ambassador Nina Lucine Hachigian (ret), first U.S. Special Representative for City and State Diplomacy
Washington, D.C. — Today, the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) announced additional featured speakers for the 91st Winter Meeting in Washington, DC, where hundreds of America’s mayors from both parties and from across the country will convene to discuss the most pressing issues facing cities and the country. Reflecting the importance of mayors to the national agenda, speakers include prominent Biden cabinet officials, such as: U.S. EPA Administrator Michael Regan, U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer M. Granholm, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, and U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy as well as Ambassador Nina Hachigian (ret), first U.S. Special Representative for City and State Diplomacy. Boston Mayor Michelle Wu has also now been announced as a featured speaker at the Winter Meeting.
As previously announced, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken will address the Conference on Wednesday, January 18th. Specific dates and times for featured speakers can be found here.
USCM President Miami Mayor Francis X. Suarez will preside over the four-day Winter Meeting, which will feature local and federal leaders discussing solutions to challenges like public safety, immigration, affordable housing, mental health and creating jobs. Mayors will also focus on the implementation of the historic legislative achievements of the past 18 months, including the American Rescue Plan, the Inflation Reduction Act, the CHIPS and Science Act, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, and the SAFER Communities Act. The Winter Meeting will be held from January 17 through January 20 at the Capital Hilton in downtown Washington.
For planning purposes, here’s a draft agenda and list of registered mayors. Members of the media are encouraged to register in advance here. All business/day-time sessions are open to the press unless otherwise indicated, and all evening events are closed to the press. On-site registration will be available with current press credentials.
All plenary sessions will be streamed live on the Conference’s YouTube channel and social media platforms.
WHO & WHEN:
- U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy: Wed., Jan. 18, Plenary Breakfast (8:00 am – 9:00 am ET)
- U.S. Secretary of Energy Jennifer M. Granholm: Wed., Jan. 18, Plenary Luncheon (12:30 pm – 2:15 pm ET)
- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack: Thu., Jan. 19, Plenary Breakfast (7:30 am – 9:00 am ET)
- Boston (MA) Mayor Michelle Wu: Thu., Jan. 19, Plenary Lunch (1:00 pm – 2:45 pm ET)
- Ambassador Nina Hachigian (ret.), first U.S. Special Representative for City and State Diplomacy: Thu., Jan. 19, Mayors Role in International Diplomacy session (3:00 pm – 4:00 pm ET)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Michael Regan: Fri., Jan. 20, Plenary Session (10:30 am – 11:30 am ET)
Capital Hilton | 1001 16th Street NW | Washington, D.C.