Friday, January 21, 2022
Washington, D.C. – Tomorrow, the U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) will conclude its 90th Annual Winter Meeting. President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. will address the Winter Meeting to conclude the event. Before that, mayors will meet with Minority Leader of the U.S. House of Representatives Kevin McCarthy, Labor Secretary Marty Walsh, Attorney General Merrick Garland, and Senior Advisor to President Biden and Infrastructure Coordinator Mitch Landrieu, among others.
These events are open press and interested media should take note of COVID safety protocols below. In addition, there is important pre-set information for any cameras that media would like to have in place Friday.
Speakers and their respective sessions on Friday will include:
- Kevin McCarthy (R-CA-23), Minority Leader of the U.S. House of Representatives (Friday Morning Plenary Session, Armchair Discussion – On the Move: How Freedom-Minded Leaders are Securing Opportunities for America from 9:30 AM – 11:45 AM, Presidential Ballroom)
- Mitch Landrieu, Senior Advisor to President Biden and Infrastructure Coordinator (Friday Morning Plenary Session, Bipartisan Infrastructure Law: Overview and Next Steps from 9:30 AM – 11:45 AM, Presidential Ballroom)
- Martin J. Walsh, Secretary, U.S. Department of Labor (Friday Morning Plenary Session from 9:30 AM – 11:45 AM, Presidential Ballroom)
- Merrick Garland, Attorney General, United States Department of Justice (Friday Morning Plenary Session from 9:30 AM – 11:45 AM, Presidential Ballroom)
- President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., President of the United States of America (Closing Plenary Lunch from 11:45 AM – 2:00 PM, Presidential Ballroom)
Previously announced speakers, a draft agenda and list of pre-registered mayors may be found here. Members of the media are encouraged to register in advance here. All business/day-time sessions are open to the press unless otherwise indicated, and all evening events are closed to the press. All plenary sessions will be livestreamed on USCM’s YouTube, Twitter and Facebook channels. On-site registration will be available with current press credentials.
All attendees must be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination. Antigen testing will be provided on site and a negative test will be required to obtain credentials. N-95 or KN-95 masks will be required and provided for those who may need one.
Media is advised to pre-register and complete the online proof of vaccination requirement. Media is also advised to arrive at the Capital Hilton with sufficient time to allow for the on-site testing process.
Friday, January 21st, 2022
Capital Hilton | 1001 16th St, NW | Washington, D.C.
Please RSVP to Sara Durr, firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY, NOT REPORTABLE:
Estimated Time of Biden Remarks: 1:50 PM ET
Logistical Information for US Conference of Mayors:
Media Parking: Limited street parking is available surrounding the hotel. There are multiple parking garages on K street, 17th street and L street.
Media Entrance: Main entrance of the hotel. Proceed upstairs to the Presidential Ballroom upon arrival after completing conference registration.
Media Pre-Set Time: Thursday, January 20, 5:15 PM ET – 8:00 PM ET
USSS Sweeps: Friday, January 21, 4:00 AM ET – 6:00 AM ET
Media Re-entry: 6:00 AM ET – 1:00 PM ET
Throw: 80 ft from head on / 35 ft from cut
Limited power, mult, and wifi available on site.
NOTE: All large video camera equipment must be preset in the press area during the time advised.