Effort Aims to Increase COVID-19 Vaccinations
Washington, D.C. – Tomorrow, Tuesday, June 22 at 4:00 pm ET, the nation’s mayors will gather virtually with Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and Chief Medical Advisor to the President of the United States, to discuss the urgent work cities are doing in conjunction with President Biden’s Month of Action to increase COVID-19 vaccinations. The Mayors Challenge, which is being led by Richmond (VA) Mayor Levar Stoney, Chair of the U.S. Conference of Mayors’ (USCM) Children, Health, and Human Services Committee, and USCM President Dayton (OH) Mayor Nan Whaley, aims to boost the percentage of residents vaccinated with at least one shot by July 4th. St. Louis (MO) Mayor Tishaura Jones and Past USCM President Columbia (SC) Mayor Steve Benjamin will be featured speakers as well. To date, 106 mayors have joined the challenge. For more information about the challenge, see this link.
Mayors Challenge Discussion with Dr. Anthony Fauci
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and Chief Medical Advisor to the President of the United States
- Dayton (OH) Mayor Nan Whaley, USCM President
- St. Louis (MO) Mayor Tishaura Jones
- Columbia (SC) Mayor Steve Benjamin, USCM Past President
- Tom Cochran, USCM CEO & Executive Director
Tuesday, June 22, 2021, 4:00 PM ET
Interested media should RSVP to Sara Durr at email@example.com for registration information.