Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador to Address Mayors During Meeting
June 7 – 8, 2019 in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico
Washington, DC— On June 7, more than 100 mayors from the United States, Mexico and Canada will gather for the first-ever North American Mayors Summit to exchange ideas and discuss common issues affecting their cities. The U.S. delegation, led by U.S. Conference of Mayors (USCM) President— Columbia (SC) Mayor Steve Benjamin —includes bipartisan mayors from cities both large and small across the country. The meeting will run through June 8 in Los Cabos, Baja California Sur, Mexico.
Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador will address the mayors today at 4MT.
The address will be followed by a press conference featuring Mayors from the three countries. Both can be viewed live here.
Increasingly, throughout North America and the world, local governments are playing an essential role in meeting the needs of their cities’ residents. This first meeting of the Mayors of North America marks an unprecedented opportunity to share information across the three nations in an effort to find innovative solutions to shared challenges and advocate for more effective urban policies.
WHAT: North American Mayors Summit
WHEN: Friday, June 7 – Saturday, June 8, 2019
WHERE: Grand Velas Los Cabos | México 1 Km 17, Tourist Corridor, Corredor Turístico, 23405 Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S., Mexico
WHO: Members of the U.S. delegation available for media interviews include:
- Columbia (SC) Mayor Steve Benjamin, USCM President
- Rochester Hills (MI) Mayor Bryan Barnett, USCM Vice President
- Los Angeles (CA) Mayor Eric Garcetti
- El Paso (TX) Mayor Dee Margo
- San Diego (CA) Mayor Kevin Faulconer
- West Sacramento (CA) Mayor Christopher Cabaldon
- Austin (TX) Mayor Steve Adler
- Mesa (AZ) Mayor John Giles
- Las Cruces (NM) Mayor Ken Miyagishima
- Laredo (TX) Mayor Pete Saenz
- Tom Cochran, USCM CEO & Executive Director
RSVP: Interested media should contact Sara Durr at firstname.lastname@example.org.