On Monday, June 26, Nominating Committee Chair Des Moines Mayor Frank Cownie delivered the committee’s recommendations during the Business Session of the 85th Annual Meeting in Miami Beach.
The committee’s recommendations were unanimously adopted by the membership.
The new top leadership is reflected as follows:
- President New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu
- Vice President Columbia, SC Mayor Stephen Benjamin
- Second Vice President Rochester Hills, MI Mayor Bryan Barnett
Two new trustees include:
- Austin, TX Mayor Steve Adler
- Mesa, AZ Mayor John Giles
Six new Advisory Board members include:
- Providence (RI) Mayor Jorge Elorza
- Miami Gardens Mayor Oliver Gilbert
- Sumter (SC) Mayor Joseph T. McElveen
- New Bedford (MA) Mayor Jon Mitchell
- Findlay (OH) Mayor Lydia Mihalik
- Houston (TX) Mayor Sylvester Turner
You can see the complete list of Trustees and Advisory Board members here.