Hundreds of Mayors to Convene for the U.S. Conference of Mayors 85th Annual Meeting: Immigration, Healthcare, the Federal Budget and National Economy, Climate Protection, Homeland Security and Community Development Block Grants Top Agenda
Washington, D.C. – President Bill Clinton will address the nation’s mayors this week during the U.S. Conference of Mayors 85th Annual Meeting, which runs from Friday, June 23 to Monday, June 26 at the Fountainebleau Hotel where more than 250 mayors are gathering to discuss a wide variety of priorities that contribute to the overall health of America’s cities, as well as consider and adopt the policy resolutions that guide the advocacy agenda of the organization.
President Clinton will address the Conference’s City Livability Luncheon on Saturday, which will take place from 12:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. in the Sparkle Ballroom on the Upper Level of the Fontainebleau Hotel.
With more than 85% of people in the United States living in our nation’s cities and metro areas, mayors are convinced that despite their geographic location, cities large and small are plagued by many of the same challenges. As a result, and unlike other elected officials, mayors are often able to find common ground and work in a true spirit of bipartisanship.
PRESS GUIDANCE FOR USCM 85TH ANNUAL MEETING:
- All business sessions are OPEN to the press unless otherwise indicated (EVENING EVENTS ARE CLOSED TO PRESS).
- All press MUST register to attend the meeting here.
- On-site registration at the Fontainebleau hotel will also be available during the meeting. ONLY reporters with proper, up-to-date press credentials will be allowed access.
- Note: all plenary sessions will be livestreamed at https://www.facebook.com/usmayors/.
- For planning purposes, a DRAFT AGENDA and list of PRE-REGISTERED MAYORS will be available at www.usmayors.org.
- Event hashtag is #uscm2017
** UPDATED ** PRESS GUIDANCE FOR PRESIDENT CLINTON’S REMARKS:
- Pre-Set: 10:30am – 11:00am ET(This includes all TV cameras, tripods and cables. All cabling must be completed by this time.)
- Press Equipment/Security Sweeps: 11:00am ETuntil complete
- EarlyAccess to Sparkle Ballroom on Upper Level of Fountainebleau Hotel: 12:30pm ET
- Throw: 130 ft
- Satellite trucks will require special permission from the hotel
LIST OF ALL PRESS CONFERENCES (All in Fountainebleau Ocean Promenade West):
WHAT: PRESS CONFERENCE w/ THE NEW AGENDA TASK FORCE w/ Incoming USCM President New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu and member of New Agenda Task Force
WHEN: Saturday, June 24 | 11:15am ET
WHAT: PRESS CONFERENCE TO RALLY SUPPORT FOR CLIMATE ACTION IN CITIES ACROSS AMERICA w/ Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, Miami Mayor Tomas Regalado and Climate Mayors from cities across America
WHEN: Saturday, June 24 | 2:30pm ET
WHAT: MAYORS FOR 100% CLEAN ENERGY PRESS CONFERENCE w/ USCM Second Vice President Columbia Mayor Steve Benjamin and others
WHEN: Monday, June 26 | 2:30pm ET