Hundreds of Mayors to Convene for the U.S. Conference of Mayors 85th Annual Meeting: Immigration, Healthcare, the Federal Budget and National Economy, Climate Protection, Homeland Security and Community Development Block Grants Top Agenda
Washington, D.C. – New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio will address the nation’s mayors this week during the U.S. Conference of Mayors 85th Annual Meeting, which runs from Friday, June 23 to Monday, June 26 at the Fountainebleau Hotel where more than 250 mayors are gathering to discuss a wide variety of priorities that contribute to the overall health of America’s cities, as well as consider and adopt the policy resolutions that guide the advocacy agenda of the organization.
Mayor de Blasio will bring remarks to the USCM on Saturday, June 24, during the Opening Plenary Session in the Sparkle Ballroom (9:15a -11a), speak at several breakout sessions during the meeting including the Cities of Opportunities Task Force Meeting led by Mayor de Blasio and Boston Mayor Martin Walsh, and participate in Friday’s Opening Press Conference at 11am in the Ocean Promenade West room of the Fountainebleau Hotel.
With more than 85% of people in the United States living in our nation’s cities and metro areas, mayors are convinced that despite their geographic location, cities large and small are plagued by many of the same challenges. As a result, and unlike other elected officials, mayors are often able to find common ground and work in a true spirit of bipartisanship.
PRESS GUIDANCE FOR USCM 85TH ANNUAL MEETING:
- All business sessions are OPEN to the press unless otherwise indicated (EVENING EVENTS ARE CLOSED TO PRESS).
- All press MUST register to attend the meeting here.
- On-site registration at the Fontainebleau hotel will also be available during the meeting. ONLY reporters with proper, up-to-date press credentials will be allowed access.
- Note: all plenary sessions will be livestreamed at https://www.facebook.com/usmayors/.
- For planning purposes, a DRAFT AGENDA and list of PRE-REGISTERED MAYORS will be available at www.usmayors.org.
- Event hashtag is #uscm2017
OPENING PRESS CONFERENCE:
Host Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine and USCM Leadership:
USCM President Oklahoma City (OK) Mayor Mick Cornett
USCM Vice President New Orleans (LA) Mayor Mitch Landrieu
USCM Second Vice President Columbia (SC) Mayor Steve Benjamin
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
WHEN: Friday, June 23 | 11am ET
WHERE: Ocean Promenade West, Upper Lobby | Fontainebleau Miami Beach | 4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33140