Mayors' Prostate Cancer Awareness Toolkit
Seven years ago the Conference of Mayors designated September as Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, the first major national organization to do so. In 2002, President George W. Bush officially made September National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. Over the past seven years, Mayors across the country have responded to our calls for month-long promotions of prostate cancer awareness. We hope that you will join the Conference of Mayors in making 2007 National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month a resounding success once again.
The following documents have been assembled in a virtual "toolkit" to assist mayors in planning local National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month activities.
- Suggested Activities for Mayors during National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month (September)
- Suggested Mayoral Proclamation
- Suggested Letter to the Editor for Mayors to Send to Local Newspapers
- Sample Press Release
- Download Prostate Cancer Awareness Logo
For more information, please visit:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/prostate/
- American Cancer Society (ACS): http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/CRI_2_1x.asp?dt=36
If you have any questions about USCM's cancer awareness activities, please contact Assistant Executive Director Crystal Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org.