Mayors' Breast Cancer Awareness Toolkit
Each year the Conference of Mayors widely promotes the October observance of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM). We appreciate your city’s support for this annual public health event.
The following documents have been assembled in a virtual “toolkit” to assist mayors in planning local National Breast Cancer Awareness Month activities.
- Suggested Activities for Mayors during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October)
- Suggested Mayoral Proclamation
- Suggested Letter to the Editor
- Suggested Press Release
- Download Breast Cancer Awareness Logo
For more information, please visit:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The state directors of the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program (NBCCEDP) can assist you in promoting NBCAM. Supported by the U. S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), NBCCEDP offers free mammography for eligible uninsured and underinsured women. The state directors, who can assist you on screening and follow-up for NBCCEDP-eligible women, are listed on the CDC Web site at: http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/cancercontacts/nbccedp/contactlist.asp
- American Cancer Society (ACS): Local units of the American Cancer Society (ACS) can also assist you by: 1) identifying resources for screening and follow-up for diagnosed women; 2) holding NBCAM awareness events; and/or 3) providing materials for awareness and education. To locate the ACS unit serving your city, please call 1-800-ACS-2345 or visit the ACS Web site at www.cancer.org.
If you have any questions about USCM’s cancer awareness activities, please contact Crystal D. Swann, Assistant Executive Director, Children, Health and Human Services at 202-861-6707or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.