Walmart helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week nearly 260 million customers and members visit our more than 11,600 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2015 revenue of $485.7 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.2 million associates worldwide.
Save money. Live better. These are the words we live by at Walmart. Our “Every Day Low Cost” strategy helps people save money, stretch their paychecks, and provide a better life for their families. But the work we do to help people live better goes far beyond our store walls. It extends into our communities and around the world and affects the lives of people we will never meet.
We believe we have an opportunity and a responsibility to make a difference on the big issues that matter to us all like preserving the environment, fighting hunger, and providing access to healthy, affordable food. Walmart is driving meaningful change in a way that no other company can, and we’re committed to using our size and scale to help the world live better.
• Renewable energy now provides 24% of Walmart's electricity globally, and we have become the largest onsite green power generator in the U.S.;
• Walmart is investing $2.7 billion over two years in higher wages, education and training;
• Walmart is committed to U.S. Manufacturing, pledging to purchase approximately $250 billion in products that support the creation of American jobs;
• In FY 2015, Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $1.4 billion to support organizations that impact local communities around the world;
• Walmart is committed to hire any honorably discharged U.S. veteran in his or her first year off active duty.
More information about Walmart can be located online at www.walmartstores.com, www.samsclub.com and www.walmartfoundation.org.
City Livability, Community Development, Downtown Development, Employment & Training, Environment, Real Estate, Retail Development
return to index