Walmart helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our 11,000 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs 2.2 million associates worldwide.
Save money. Live better. These are the words we live by at Walmart. Our “Every Day Low Cost” strategy helps people save money, stretch their paychecks, and provide a better life for their families. But the work we do to help people live better goes far beyond our store walls. It extends into our communities and around the world and affects the lives of people we will never meet.
We believe we have an opportunity and a responsibility to make a difference on the big issues that matter to us all. Issues like preserving the environment, fighting hunger, empowering women and providing access to healthy, affordable food. Walmart is driving meaningful change in a way that no other company can. And we’re committed to using our size and scale to help the world live better.
• Renewable energy now provides 21% of Walmart's electricity globally, and we became the largest onsite green power generator in the United States;
• Walmart and the Walmart Foundation are increasing training, market access, and career opportunities for nearly 1 million women worldwide;
• Walmart and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $1 billion to support organizations that impact local communities around the world;
• The Walmart Foundation became the first partner of Feeding America to donate 1 billion meals (since 2005);
• Walmart committed to hire any honorably discharged U.S. veteran in his or her first year off active duty.
More information about Walmart, Inc. can be located online at
www.walmartstores.com, www.samsclub.com and
City Livability, Community Development, Downtown Development, Employment & Training, Environment, Real Estate, Retail Development