CITY OF SAN
SOUTH SAN ANTONIO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. Briefly describe the structure of your program.
Personnel who work directly with the students (high school counselors, prevention specialists at middle schools either violence or drug. Both prevention and intervention. South San Police Force also provides intervention in conjunction with the district administration.
2. When was the program created and why?
The program was created in 1984-86. The present prevention format was implemented in 1990.
3. How do you measure the programís effectiveness?
The programís evaluation tool.
4. How is the program financed?
Grant funds at the federal, state, and local levels
5. How is the community involved in the program? How has the community responded to the program?
School/community advisory is comprised of parents, PTA, churches, priests, Southwest General Hospital Staff, Editor of Planet Tejano Magazine, Sally Fletcher, and Probation Officers (Justice of the Peace Court 5). The community responds well and is involved in goal setting.
6. Contact person:
The United States Conference of Mayors
J. Thomas Cochran, Executive Director
Copyright © 1999, US Conference of Mayors, All rights reserved.