CITY OF SAN
HEREíS LOOKING AT YOU 2000
1. Briefly describe the structure of your program.
This is a drug and alcohol curriculum that is grade and age appropriate.
2. When was the program created and why?
This program was created in 1993 with funds from the Drug-Free Schools programs.
3. How do you measure the programís effectiveness?
The program is evaluated each year through the criteria outline by the State. The evaluation tool was designed by Texas A&M University.
4. How is the program financed?
Funding is provided by the Texas Education Agency. School violence was an added component to fit the need in the schools.
5. How is the community involved in the program
The advisory committee for the program is comprised of people from the local community.
6. Contact person:
The United States Conference of Mayors
J. Thomas Cochran, Executive Director
Copyright © 1999, US Conference of Mayors, All rights reserved.